Continuum of Care Conference
IMPORTANT: DUE TO THE RAPIDLY CHANGING ENVIRONMENT SURROUNDING COVID-19 AND OFFICIAL GUIDANCE FROM THE GOVERNOR AND PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICIALS TO LIMIT GATHERINGS OF 250 OR MORE, CPOC IS CANCELING THIS YEAR’s event. WE APOLOGIZE AS WE WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS EVENT; HOWEVER, THE CURRENT HEALTH CONCERNS THAT ARE POSED BY LARGE GATHERINGS PROHIBITS US FROM MOVING FORWARD WITH THE EVENT AT THIS TIME.
Elevating the Future of Foster Youth and Families in California
The Chief Probation Officers of California (CPOC) Foundation is excited to release registration for our Fourth Annual Continuum of Care (CCR) Conference! Elevating the Future of Foster Youth and Families in California conference will be held on April 6-7, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. As California continues to learn and build on evolving strength-based practices, we look forward to providing a two-day conference built upon further advancing our shared work to improve the well-being of foster youth, families and support teams across the state.
We are also pleased to announce that the provider forum will be returning this year. At this forum, attendees will have an opportunity to learn more about various short-term residential therapeutic programs (STRTPs) and foster family agencies (FFAs) serving, supporting, and caring for foster youth. We look forward to seeing you in Sacramento!
Areas of focus for this year’s conference:
- Enhancing educational outcomes for foster youth;
- Improving services for extended foster care;
- Partnering for successful residential care;
- Meeting the needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning and/or gender nonconforming and transgender (LGBQ/GNCT) foster youth;
- Examining best practices for commercially sexually exploited children (CSEC); and
- Supporting home-based family care.