Position: CPOC supports a field services model which includes:
- Standards for supervision
- Realistic workload standards based on each department’s performance expectations and priorities Emphasis on direct services, i.e. the majority of caseloads receive active supervision with the exception of some specialized caseloads.
- Supervision geared to community protection and offender success.
- Outcomes which are defined, measurable, measured against objective for the particular individual or program and measured during the period of supervision.
- Versatility, i.e. manages offenders in the real world, allows families to remain intact, is cost effective and addresses victims’ issues.
- Integrates probation and parole.
- Brokers services as well as leverages and consolidates human service resources.
- Is a community sanction.
- Offenders defray the costs with cost collection enforcement by criminal sanction.